Me

Me
Me

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Last of the California Sunrises

Just about every morning for the past 24 years I woke up to the sun rising over California.  It's rays warming the varied landscape and giving comfort to my unsettled mind.  The Californian sun never changes; that thought drove me every day, knowing that each day was going to be okay.

In that final week of waking up to the California sunrises I knew where home will always be; cities on the edge of the mighty Pacific with its busy veins in which we call interstates but with a pulse that beats just a little slower.  Most of all home is in the open arms of my loved ones that will never give up on me.  Knowing that I have a place to call home is something I will never take for granted.  I will back...I know I will.























No comments:

Post a Comment