Me

Me
Me

Monday, October 4, 2010

Call of Nature

Tired of the predictable urban landscape, three of my best buds and I decided to embark on a journey to the wilds of the San Bernandino Mountains, camping at a little place called Lake Arrowhead.  We arrived at our site at near midnight, pitching our tent in the light of the moon.  After setting up camp, we played with my camera and let our creative juices flow into these set of photographs.
Randy
Levi
Stephen
Myself
We awoke to a warm sunrise, breathing in the aroma of pure mountain air.  Nature was calling us four men, and we wanted nothing more than to answer the call. Nature, so be it, had called us on a mission: The Quest for Aztec Falls.  It was said that these falls flow with cool, clear waters that are deep enough to dive into from 20 ft, 40 ft, and 60 ft boulders.  To get there, we had to pass through some erie, dead trees.




We finally reached our destination and found a beautiful gorge flowing with water and abundant trees.  There was also an abundance of intoxicated youth, but I decided to look past that and take the place for what it was: amazing.


 I thought that if this place wasn't so polluted with remants of alcohol, it would be so surreal.
 I was way too scared to jump off the boulders, but my friends had no trouble.  I of course had to take pictures.

All together the trip was great.  I couldn't ask for a better group to go with, and I am so thankful to have such great friends in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment